Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Front walk is finally in!

After literally a year of agonizing, I finally bit the bullet and hired the Kiwis to put a "bridge" in between the concrete walk and the deck.

It doesn't look so great in the photos, but I think that's temporary--I need get my butt in gear now and plant around it to soften the edges.I think it will look so charming! I need to paint the supports the same color as the house so the ugly treated wood isn't visible; the Kiwis say I should wait a couple of months for the treated wood to dry out (yay--an excuse for procrastination). Now the mailman can get to the porch, and I can have trick or treaters next year...


The supports do not touch the oak tree's roots or the ground, which is pretty cool. They are attached to the big beam under the porch and on the other end, treated wood is resting on (and screwed into) the concrete walkway.



I think it looks awesome from this direction! Pictures were taken at night after I got home from work.

It needs some serious landscaping. Help!

No comments: